Belkin Laptop Sling Bag Review
Written by: Anna Preston
It is difficult to find a functional laptop case that is also trendy and attractive. The Belkin Laptop Sling Bag attempts to fulfill this dual purpose, but its success is a matter for debate. You will either love this backpack or hate it, depending on your individual needs. The question to keep in mind is: What do you look for in a laptop case?
- Sleek, minimalist design
- Holds up to a 15.4-inch computer
- Separate removable pouch for power supply cable
- Cell phone pocket on shoulder strap
- Extra padding and breathable mesh on shoulder pad for maximum support and comfort
- Plush fabric in the notebook compartment to prevent scratches and damage to your notebook’s surface
- Quick Release shoulder strap for quick and easy removal of the sling bag
- Headphone grommet for access to your MP3 player while keeping it safe and stored in a secure pocket
- Made of high-quality 100-percent polyester fabric that is durable and weatherproof
About the Belkin Laptop Sling Bag:
The Belkin Laptop Sling Bag is shaped like a thin, flat backpack, but with only one shoulder strap that goes over the left shoulder. It tightens snugly about your torso for a secure, non-bouncy fit. The plush inner lining ensures that your computer will be kept safe and free of scratches, and it contains a plethora of small pockets and compartments… most of which you will never need to use. The two larger pockets can fit a few small items, but not much. This bag is definitely not intended for students or professionals who need to carry a lot of material; it will force you to trim down your load to only the bare essentials.
- Plenty of pockets and compartments
- Very light-weight
- Laptop compartment lined with soft, plush fabric that won’t scratch your notebook
- Fits snugly to the back, doesn’t bounce around
- Very easy to adjust strap
- Good price
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Will fit little besides a laptop and small accessories
- Single shoulder strap design distributes the weight of your load unevenly
- Pocket with headphone grommet is unreachable when wearing the bag, so that you cannot adjust the volume or switch tracks on your mp3 player
- Cell phone pocket is too small to fit most phones
- Some inner compartments are superfluous, can fit only credit cards or IDs (this is a laptop case, not a wallet, right?)
- Sling design is unintuitive: you will want to just swing the bag over your shoulder, but instead you must don it more like putting on a T-shirt
If all this poses no serious issue for you, the Belkin Laptop Sling Bag comes in two stylish color combinations for you to choose from: Jet/Cabernet or Chocolate/Tourmaline. If you would rather pass, there are many other backpack laptop cases available that may better fulfill your needs, such as the Belkin Core Laptop Backpack, or the Case Logic Value 17-Inch Laptop Backpack.
The Belkin Laptop Sling Bag is a ‘love it or hate it’ item. This backpack is extremely comfortable on some people, awkward and ill-fitting on others. It’s perfect for light usage, and―if it fits you correctly―very comfortable. For $50.00, it’s a good price, but think carefully about how much stuff you need to carry… and by all means, try it on first!