Written by: Phuc Huynh
A coffee mocha blended with a zucchini to start the day isn’t going to be offered at the nearest coffee or smoothie anytime soon, only with the Vitamix 5200 can you get this delicious and nutritious concoction. And don’t worry, you won’t be able to taste the zucchini but you will benefit from it. The Vitamix 5200 consistently blends nutrition, deliciousness, and freshness into one healthy lifestyle. The lactose-intolerant now have a wider choice of almond, hazelnut, and cashew macadamia milk instead of plain soymilk. The vegans can make steamy hot vegetarian soup within minutes. And tender babies can finally enjoy a finely pulverized meal that taste good and is good for them.
Specifications For the Vitamix 5200:
- 2-peak HP (1380 Watts) motor
- 120 volt, 60 Hz 11.5 amps (North America)
- Radial cooling fan and thermal protection system
- 3-prong outlet required
- Height: 13.4″
- BPA Free Eastman Tritan® co-polyester
- Standard wet blades: Laser-cut stainless steel blade hammermill and cutting blades designed to pulverize whole foods for smoothies, hot soups, and frozen desserts
- Spill-proof vented lid with plug for safely adding ingredients while machine is running
- Soft-grip, ergonomically-designed handle
- Tamper with collar to prevent tool from hitting the blades
- The base comes in red, white, or black.
I own the Vitamix 5200 for several months now. It is packaged with a cookbook valued at $50 that contains many delicious recipes! I can’t describe the motivation I get when I’m running around the lake and I know that my reward later will be a delicious smoothie made with the Vitamix 5200. I consider the Vitamix 5200 to be an investment to my health. My smoothies are free of harmful sweeteners and preservatives but full of antioxidants, enzymes, and fibers that my body deserves. I have transformed frozen solid whole bananas into a creamy texture good enough to deceive my picky little nephews and nieces into thinking it’s “ice cream”. Score! I just made them eat something that is good for them and they want more of it! I can even sneak in vegetables without them knowing it now! Call it the “vegetable ninja blending” machine! I have made many green smoothies that cater to radiant skin and good digestion. I’ve never felt healthier, this machine has transformed all the goodness from the garden into my body.
Cleaning blender containers can be a pain but not with the Vitamix 5200! Cleaning is a breeze for me, I simply pour in a little bit of dishwasher soap and fill up the container with water, and crank up the Vitamix blender.The Vitamix 5200 practically cleans itself. I own a 64 oz. container but I would have preferred the 48 oz. that would fit right under my cabinets. Do consider this minor factor when you are debating which package is right for you.
I have considered the Blendtec and tested one out but I ended up returning it because I found it too troublesome to deal as I would have to gauge how much I can add so that the machine can blend it accordingly to its program. Sometimes it doesn’t blend all the way through and I would have to press more buttons. Others have preferred it because they can just make a smoothie with a push of a button and walk away. I’m more into variety and like to change it up when I want to change it up so it’s just not my cup of smoothie. With Vitamix I turn on the switch and wait for the right texture to appear before I turn off the switch. It’s as simple as that. No programmings, no cycles to worry about, and I can add whatever I feel like and have it blended according to my preference that day. Moreover, I like the consistency and texture that the Vitamix 5200 gives to my smoothies, soups, frozen desserts, and nut milks. My friend raves about his homemade marinates, sauces, and dips. The Vitamix 5200 can easily replace many kitchen appliances because it’s so versatile.
The Vitamix 5200 is more of a “hands on” machine in many ways; it offers choices to different people who all prefer a greener and healthier lifestyle. Want to loose weight? Check. Need to eat healthier out of a necessity? Check. Vegan lifestyle? Check. Want to unlock the nutrition stored inside seed without cracking your teeth? Check. I have made pomegranate smoothie and did not notice the seed in my smoothie when I drank it because it was so finely blended. The Vitamix 5200 celebrates good health and unleashes the benefits of fruits and vegetables that sweeteners and additives at your local coffee bar or smoothie shop destroy. The Vitamix 5200 has been a wonderful addition to my life. I consider it a long-term investment that will pay me back in good health today and in the long run. I’ve bought mines at Costco but you can buy it directly from Vitamix.com, you’ll have more options to choose from if you do. I will be using this machine for years to come. To start, I’ll have me some of that coffee zucchini mocha in the morning.
Other Variants To Consider:
- TubroBlend VS: More geared towards Vegans. Includes nut milk bag. You can make your whole coconut milk with this machine.
- 5200 Super: 62 oz. “wet” container. 32 oz. dry container to grain whole grains into flour, chop, grind nuts and seeds. If you want to pulverize nuts and make your whole flour, this one is for you.
- 5200 Super Deluxe: “Wet” 64 oz. container “Dry” 32 oz. container 4 cutting boards and a 3 -pack spatula set. Quite similar to the 5200 Super,
- Professional Series 500: 64 oz. wet container. Variable speeds and pulse button like the one in food processors. Comes with a cookbook from professional chefs.