Written by: Julie Snyder
Going green often starts with carrying your own water bottle. I was concerned with the tons of throw-away, plastic water bottles piling up in landfills. Eventually (maybe for you it was a much faster path) you get tired of metallic or plastic taste. I certainly did. I wasn’t just turned off by the taste, but concerned that the tainted water could harm my health.
Besides, I wanted to be able to leave my water bottle in a hot car and come back for a swig later. Sure, hot water isn’t the most refreshing, but I just pretended I was drinking sun tea or I start with tea.
Then I received a Takeya Classic Glass Bottle as a gift. It was exactly what I’d been looking for. Available in a rainbow of colors and a variety of sizes, the Takeya reusable glass bottles are eco-friendly, durable and chic.
- Made with thick, durable glass
- Silicone jacket provides soft grip and protects the glass bottle
- Shock absorbent bottom
- Bottle and sleeve are dishwasher safe
- BPA- and phthalate-free, leak-proof airtight twist cap
- Wide mouth opening fits ice
- See-through window for checking fluid level
OPTIONS and OTHER PRODUCTS:
Takeya water bottles come in 16-ounce, 18-ounce and 22-ounce options, in 2 different shapes and five bright, fun colors. The company also offer drink makers, tea makers, food storage, glass tumblers, jugs and pitchers.
- Here was an awesome glass water bottle, that came in a stylish protective sleeve, to help prevent breakage in case of dropping.
- The protective sleeve that surrounds the bottle is made of silicone and provides also for a great grip. Both the bottle and the sleeve are dishwasher safe.
- While made of plastic, the cap, and ring are both BPA free.
- Small dirt or dust particles cling to the silicone sleeve, but can be easily washed off
- Your children may think it’s the coolest water bottle ever and borrow it frequently
- The silicon sleeve can’t be removed easily and possibly mold could grow under it (I’ve had mine more than two years and it hasn’t been a problem for me)
I highly recommend this bottle. One of the best perks of a glass water bottle is that I enjoy drinking water. It tastes clean and fresh — just like you’d expect water to be. The bottle itself is structurally well designed and looks great. Even after two years of constant use, the seal doesn’t leak. I can toss it on the couch, in the car or even in my backpack without a worry. The silicon sleeve hasn’t stretched out a bit. Interestingly enough, it has become less of a dust magnet as the months tick past.
Go ahead and buy yourself one. You won’t be disappointed.